Established in 1909, we're proud of our long-standing reputation for providing excellent levels of high-quality teaching and training across Leicestershire.
With a fantastic range of courses, first-class facilities and a fresh approach to modern teaching and training you can be confident you will be making the right choice studying at Loughborough.
We offer a different kind of learning environment where you can expect to be treated as an adult. Our relaxed and welcoming campus means that you’ll fit straight into the College way of life.
With a number of courses ranging from A Levels, vocational programmes, Apprenticeships, and degrees, you will have the opportunity to gain practical, industry-related skills while you study.
Whichever route you choose we're here for you every step of the way.
- Progress - If you’re a full-time student, you’ll see a lot of your teachers and your progress tutor. Between them, they can offer all kinds of support and advice and will work with you to set targets, so you’re clear about your goals and ready for your next steps
- Money Matters - There are loads of options available to help with the expense of studying, including help with childcare, kit, and travel costs. We also offer cash payments based on attendance
- Additional Support - Our dedicated support network helps to make sure that all students get the most from their college experience, regardless of any support needs or disabilities. We have specialists in ASD, physical disabilities, learning difficulties, and mental health, who are on hand to support you throughout your time with us
- Practical Things - The Learner Services team is here to answer your financial, travel, application and accommodation questions. They can also help you to find out more about the financial, legal, educational, disability and international advice available through Loughborough Students’ Union
- Welfare & Development - We’re very much invested in our students and have a range of teams dedicated to your welfare and development. These include the Mental Health team, Wellbeing Mentors, Inclusion team and Safeguarding Officers. If you require support there is someone here for you to speak to. We offer 1:1 appointments as well as inclusive support groups, we also provide a sexual health clinic three times a week
What makes us different?
- 94% of our students find success in work, further education or training within six months of leaving us
- Frequently voted #1 for student experience the Loughborough Students' Union is one of the biggest in the country. There are hundreds of opportunities for you to get involved.
- £300,000 has been invested in improving learning, social spaces and campus security over the past three years
- Sport has always been at the heart of studying in Loughborough. Whether you’re training competitively, keeping fit or just playing for fun, there’s something for everyone
- On top of your qualification, we’ll help you to develop the qualities and skills you need to stand out from the crowd. Get careers advice, the job shop and opportunities for real work experience
- Ofsted rated us "Good Overall with Outstanding for Apprenticeships" in our 2017 inspection
- TEF Gold - Awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for students
- We work closely with employers, partner with some of the countries leading universities and pioneer STEM initiatives such as the 'Enhanced BTEC and A Level Space Engineering' programme ran with the National Space Academy
Loughborough is well-positioned between the cities of Leicester, Nottingham and Derby and is easily accessible by public transport. The college is just a 10-minute walk from the town's centre. For students in the 16-17 age bracket travelling from the city, you can purchase the new "16-17 Saver Railcard" available from East Midlands Railway which gives a 50% discount on rail travel. The train station is 1.4 miles away from the college and has a Kinch Sprint shuttle bus that runs past the college every 20 minutes during term time.
Want to get involved in sports? Whether it is just for fun or preparing for the next Olympics we have something for everyone:
Intramural Sport - You don’t need to be studying sport to participate in competitions. Our intramural sport (IMS) programme is a great way to meet new people by competing in inter-department and intra-college sports tournaments, playing five-a-side football, dodgeball and more.
Loughborough College Sport - provides a student-athlete experience in a range of sports from competitive to high-performance programmes, including training and sports science support. Teams can also compete in competitions including the Association of Colleges Sport.
Elite Sport - Our Elite Sports programmes help student-athletes to uphold their sporting commitments. This includes studying year-round to reduce the number of study hours per week, allowing breaks to accommodate competitions or training, offering online learning, extended time frames and 1:1 tutorials.
Did you know? Loughborough College alumni won a total of 14 medals in the Rio 2016 Olympics and Paralympics.