At YEP our music course is called ‘Beats & Bars’ Level 1 and 2, this covers all areas of music such as:
· Learning how to use music software to their full potential: Reason & Fruity Loops aka FL Studio.
· Learning the role of a sound engineer: How to check if the equipment is working, how to use music software’s such as Cubase in order to record an artist’s vocals & how to mix and master an entire song.
· Writing for meaning skills: how to become the perfect song-writer, how to analyse your favorite song & how to write a concert review/blog.
· Using the internet as a medium for music: What websites to use when uploading your own material, how to identify the key differences between audio files such as MP3 or WAV & the issues surrounding legal/illegal downloading.
· Work experience: Working alongside one of Leicester’s top radio stations aka Eava FM 102.5, learning how to present a radio show, improving on interview skills & presenting your very own show.
You will be enrolled onto a Programme of Study course , a recognised full time programme which will in addition to the Music Qualification include Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT and/or GCSE
We will also work on your Personal and So
There are no entry requirements - just a willingness to learn and the right attitude