Digital T level: Digital Support Services - (Computer Networks/Cyber Security/Cabling)
Information and Communication Technology
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||Digital T level: Digital Support Services - (Computer Networks/Cyber Security/Cabling)
||T Level Technical Qualification
This T level has been developed in collaboration with digital employers so the content meets the needs of the industry and will prepare you for the workplace. You will develop a strong set of transferable core skills that will equip you for a career in digital support services or to go on to do a higher level apprenticeship or degree. You will spend 80% of your time at college where you will develop a broad range of core skills from across the whole sector. In addition to this, you will work on an employer set project on an industry placement within a digital organisation, giving you hands-on experience in a real-life setting.
Find out more about T levels https://leicestercollege.ac.uk/study/t-levels/
You will develop your core knowledge and understanding of key concepts, theories, and principles which are related to the digital industry as a whole, giving you a solid foundation to start your career.
For example, you will examine:
- The business environment, including customer service, the value of digital in business, and how organisations respond to change.
- Ethical and moral issues raised by an increasing reliance on technology and the cultural impact of this
- A broad range of concepts around data and digital analysis, digital environments, diversity and inclusion, learning, legislation, planning, security, testing, and digital tools. Moving into the second year, you will progress further into your chosen specialism of network cabling, working towards the following performance outcomes:
- Applying procedures and controls to maintain the digital security of an organisation and its data
- Installing and test cabling in line with technical and security requirements
- Discovering, evaluating, and applying reliable sources of knowledge
During your industry placement, you will work on an employer set project which will give you hands-on experience and put your classroom-based learning into real context whilst giving you the opportunity to get a feel for working life in the Digital industry and be a part of the team. The placement usually takes place during your second year and can be taken as a whole block or on day release depending on the industry you go to and the project you do.
English, maths, and digital skills relevant to digital route will be integrated throughout the course.
How will it be delivered?
You will be assessed via a variety of methods such as external exams, controlled assessments, an employer-led set project, and practical assignments.
This will generate an overall grade of pass, merit, distinction or distinction* You will be awarded a nationally recognised certificate which will show a breakdown of what you have achieved and can be worth up to 168 UCAS points.
To enrol onto this course you must have achieved five GCSEs grades 9 � 4 including English and maths.
Your next steps...
You will gain a T Level in Digital Support Services and be able to progress straight on to employment or continue to a higher-level apprenticeship or degree
Students can progress into employment and work in roles such as:
- Network support
- Network engineer
- Network Security
- Front line technical support
- Network Security
- Cloud technologies
- Data analyser
- Hardware software support
- IT business analyst