Digital T level: Digital Support Services - (IT Support/Hardware/Software)
Information and Communication Technology
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||Digital T level: Digital Support Services - (IT Support/Hardware/Software)
||T Level Technical Qualification
This T Level has been developed in collaboration with digital employers so the content meets the needs of the industry and will prepare you for the workplace. You will develop a strong set of transferable core skills that will equip you for a career in digital support services or to go on to do a higher-level apprenticeship or degree. You will spend 80% of your time at college where you will develop a broad range of core skills from across the whole sector. In addition to this, you will work on an employer set project on a 45-day industry placement in a digital organisation, giving you hands-on experience in a real-life setting.
Find out more about T levels https://leicestercollege.ac.uk/study/t-levels/
You will develop your core knowledge and understanding of key concepts, theories, and principles which are related to the Digital industry as a whole, giving you a solid foundation to start your career.
For example, you will examine:
- The business environment, including customer service, the value of digital in business, and how organisations respond to change.
- Ethical and moral issues raised by an increasing reliance on technology and the cultural impact of this
- A broad range of concepts around data and digital analysis, digital environments, diversity and inclusion, learning, legislation, planning, security, testing and digital tools. Moving into the second year, you will progress further into your chosen specialism of digital support, including looking at the responsibilities, role profiles, and skills needed across a range of professions in the digital support services sector, e.g. fault analysis and problem resolution.
During your industry placement, you will work on an employer set project which will give you hands-on experience and put your classroom-based learning into real context whilst giving you the opportunity to get a feel for the working life of the digital industry and be a part of the team.
English, maths, and digital skills relevant to digital route will be integrated throughout the course.
How will it be delivered?
You will be assessed via a variety of methods such as external exams, controlled assessments, an employer-led set project, and practical assignments.
This will generate an overall grade of pass, merit, distinction, or distinction* You will be awarded a nationally recognised certificate which will show a breakdown of what you have achieved and can be worth up to 168 UCAS points.
To enrol onto this course you must have achieved five GCSEs grades 9 � 4 including English and maths.
Your next steps...
You will gain a T Level in Digital Support Services and be able to progress straight into employment or continue to a higher level apprenticeship or degree.
Students can progress into employment and work in roles such as:
- Front line technical support
- Cloud technologies
- Data analyser
- Hardware and software support
- IT business analyst
You will gain a T Level in Digital Production, Design, and Development which will give you the equivalent UCAS points to 3 A levels and would enable you to progress to a higher-level apprenticeship or degree.