Currently viewingCancel
Hey, it looks like you're new! Why not discover the benefits of PS16.

Health and Science T level: Health - Supporting the Mental Health Team specialism

Health, Public Services and Care

Health, Public Services and Care
Health, Public Services and Care
We are only accepting one application per candidate.

What will you be working towards?

Alternative Title Health and Science T level: Health - Supporting the Mental Health Team specialism
Code C7268
Qualification Type T Level Technical Qualification
Qualification Level Unknown/Not applicable
Course type Full Time

Overview

This T Level has been developed in collaboration with health and science employers so the content meets the needs of industry and will prepare you for the workplace. It will provide you with the knowledge you need to work within the healthcare sector at assistant level or to progress to a higher level apprenticeship or a degree. You will spend 80% of your study time in classroom-based learning covering the core scientific concepts and key regulations across the health and science route. The other 20% will be spent on a 45-day placement with a mental health team where you work on an employer set project to develop your skills in your chosen occupational specialism. Find out more about T levels https://leicestercollege.ac.uk/study/t-levels/

Details

During this two-year programme, you will gain core knowledge and understanding of the contexts, theories, and principles that underpin the Health and Science industry. Your course starts with the essential knowledge and skills to work in health or science including how the industry works, core scientific concepts, and key regulations including managing information, health and safety, and good scientific/clinical practice. You will have in-depth look at roles and progression opportunities within the Healthcare sector and the diversity of employers and organisations you could work for. You will learn all about providing person-centered care, health, and wellbeing as well as further science concepts such as human anatomy and physiology, diseases, and disorders. You will also cover important issues such as infection prevention and control in health-specific settings and managing personal information. During the second year, you will go into your chosen specialism of supporting the mental health team in greater depth working towards the following outcomes: - Providing care and support to individuals with mental health conditions � looking at the roles and responsibilities of the mental health team and the variety of environments they work within and the range of individuals they may support including health and safety guidelines and communication techniques. - Assisting the mental health team with mental health tasks and therapeutic interventions and gaining an understanding of the main types of mental health conditions and treatment options. - Promoting mental well-being and looking at coping strategies and skills as well as looking at how carers and families can be supported to manage their conditions. During your industry placement, you will work on an employer set project. This will really give you the opportunity to put your knowledge and skills into practice in a real-life setting as well as experiencing first-hand what it is like to work in the health sector and be part of the team. English, maths, and digital skills relevant to the health and science route will be integrated throughout the course and you must achieve a level 2 in English and maths as a minimum exit requirement.

How will it be delivered?

You will be assessed via a variety of methods such as external exams, controlled assessments, an employer-led set project and summarise your learning through practical assignments. This will generate an overall grade of pass, merit, distinction, or distinction*. You will be awarded a nationally recognised certificate which will show a breakdown of what you have achieved and can be worth up to 168 UCAS points.

Entry requirements

To enrol onto this course it is required to have achieved five GCSEs at grade 4 or above. These must include maths, English and science.

Your next steps...

You will gain a T Level in Health and Science: Health and be qualified to progress on to a career within the healthcare sector at assistant level or you could continue to higher-level apprenticeship or degree. Our independent careers advisors can support you through your next steps and provide information, advice, and guidance.

Gallery

Navigation

Skip to main content Home Courses Apprenticeships Help & Guidance Upcoming Events Login