Currently viewingCancel
Hey, it looks like you're new! Why not discover the benefits of PS16.

Health and Science T level: Health - Supporting the Adult Nursing Team specialism

Health, Public Services and Care

Health, Public Services and Care
Health, Public Services and Care
We are only accepting one application per candidate.

What will you be working towards?

Alternative Title Health and Science T level: Health - Supporting the Adult Nursing Team specialism
Code C7267
Qualification Type T Level Technical Qualification
Qualification Level Unknown/Not applicable
Course type Full Time

Overview

This T Level has been developed in collaboration with health and science employers so the content meets the needs of the industry and will prepare you for the workplace. It will provide you with all the skills and knowledge you will need to work as an assistant within the healthcare sector or to progress on to do a higher level apprenticeship or a degree. The course will involve a mix of 80% classroom-based learning covering the core scientific concepts and key regulations across the health and science route. The other 20% will cover a 45-day placement with an adult nursing team where you work on an employer set project to develop your skills in your chosen occupational specialism. Find out more about T levels https://leicestercollege.ac.uk/study/t-levels/

Details

During this two-year programme, you will gain core knowledge and understanding of the contexts, theories, and principles that underpin the health and science industry. Your course starts with the essential knowledge and skills to work in health or science including how the industry works, core scientific concepts, and key regulations including managing information, health and safety and good scientific/clinical practice. You will have in-depth look at roles and progression opportunities within the healthcare sector and the diversity of employers and organisations you could work for. You will learn all about providing person-centered care, health, and wellbeing as well as further science concepts such as human anatomy and physiology, diseases, and disorders. You will also cover important issues such as infection prevention and control in health-specific settings and managing personal information. During the second year, you will go into your chosen specialism of supporting the adult nursing team in greater depth working towards the following outcomes: - Assisting the adult nursing team with clinical tasks such as taking physiological measurements, collecting specimens, applying simple wound dressings, and moving or handling adults. - Supporting individuals to meet activities of daily living such as nutrition, hygiene, health, and wellbeing and examining the role of carers in meeting the needs of adults. - Assisting with skin integrity assessments and with the care and treatment of skin conditions. During your industry placement, you will work on an employer set project. This will really give you the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice in a real-life setting as well as experiencing first-hand what it is like to work in the health sector and be part of the team. English, maths, and digital skills relevant to the Health and Science route will be integrated throughout the course and you must achieve a level 2 in English and maths as a minimum exit requirement.

How will it be delivered?

You will be assessed via a variety of methods such as external exams, controlled assessments, an employer-led set project, and summarise learning through practical assignments. This will generate an overall grade of pass, merit, distinction, or distinction*. You will be awarded a nationally recognised certificate which will show a breakdown of what you have achieved and can be worth up to 168 UCAS points.

Entry requirements

To enrol onto this course it is a requirement you have achieved five GCSEs at grade 4 or above. These must include maths, English, and biology.

Your next steps...

You will gain a T Level in Healthcare and Science: Health and be qualified to progress on to a career within the healthcare sector at assistant level or continue to a higher level apprenticeship or a degree. Our independent careers advisors can support you through your next steps and provide information, advice, and guidance.

Gallery

Navigation

Skip to main content Home Courses Apprenticeships Help & Guidance Upcoming Events Login