Students who are highly creative and enjoy drawing/painting/printmaking alongside having an appreciation of the work of fine artists should consider studying AS and A2 Fine Art. During the course, students are encouraged to experiment with and develop skills using a wide variety of materials and techniques, with an aim of specialising in a more specific area in Year 13.
The course is very hands on and fast paced, and so requires a lot of commitment and dedication from students opting for Fine Art.
• Skills Portfolio Project 1: Still Life and Printmaking
• Skills Portfolio Project 2: Major Project
• Externally Set Task: Based on a series of set themes provided by OCR.
• Personal Investigation: Major Project and Related Study
• Controlled Assignment: Based on a series of set themes provided by OCR.
Yr12: 100% Externally Set Task
Yr13: 60% Coursework 40% Externally Set Task
Regular tutorials, assessment and personalised written feedback is given to all students.
6 grade 5s (or equivalent), including at least a grade 5 in English Language or Literature.
5 or above in a Design / Art based subject or an interview to look at a portfolio of work.
Foundation Art and Design course. Huge selection of Arts based Degree courses.
Further education/ employment: Gallery Curator, Arts education, Independent Fine Artist, Illustrator, Architect, Fashion Design, Interior Design to name just a few!