A Level: Art, Craft and Design
Arts, Media and Publishing
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||GCE A/AS Level or Equivalent
This course is suitable for those students who are highly creative and artistic who have an appreciation for artists and practitioners who work in a variety of medium, different design styles, work in 2d or 3d and who enjoy experimenting to build and develop practical skills within a range of design specialisms.
In Art, Craft and Design learners will work in two or more specialisms from those listed in bold below. Learners may work in an area or areas of study within and/or across specialisms.
- Textile Design: areas of study such as printed and digital textiles, fashion design or constructed textiles
- Photography: areas of study such as traditional, digital or moving image
- Three-Dimensional Design: areas of study such as ceramics, product design or jewellery
- Fine Art: areas of study such as painting, printmaking or sculpture
- Graphic Communication: areas of study such as illustration, packaging or advertising
- Critical and Contextual Studies: areas of study such as art theory, artistic movements or architecture
The course is practical based and requires students to keep up with the fast pace of content.
• Skill Portfolio Project 1: Introduction to Arts, Crafts and Design
• Skills Portfolio Project 2: Major Project
• Personal Investigation: Major Project and Related Study
• Externally Set Task: Based on a series of set themes provided by OCR.
How will it be delivered?
60% Coursework 40% Externally Set Task, Regular tutorials, assessment and personalised written feedback is given to all students.
Your next steps...
Post Graduate Degree courses in a design related specialism
Foundation Studies in Art and Design
Apprenticeships within the Art and Design Sector
Arts Educator, Fashion Buyer or Merchandiser, Textiles Technologist, Fabricist, Interior Designer, Print Designer, Illustrator, Architect, Design Technician Shoe Designer to name a few.