• What is Business?
• Managers, Leadership and Decision Making
• Decision making to improve marketing performance
• Decision making to improve operational performance
• Decision making to improve financial performance
• Decision making to improve human resource performance stating position, direction, methods, change.
• Strategic Position of business - internal and external factors • Choosing strategic direction
• Strategic methods
• Managing strategic change
At AS level there are 2 x 1½ hour examinations:
Paper 1 3 compulsory sections including multiple choice, short answer questions and data response question.
Paper 2 One compulsory case study followed by approximately 7 questions.
At A Level there are 3 x 2 hour examinations:
Paper 1 3 compulsory sections including multiple choice, short answer questions and a choice of two essay questions.
Paper 2 3 data response compulsory questions.
Paper 2 One compulsory case study followed by approximately 6 questions
Exam Board: AQA
Any 5 Grade 4's at GCSE. If Business is taken at GCSE, a minimum grade 4 is required.
You could take this course with other advanced level courses such as Accounting to prepare for higher education in areas of business studies, marketing, accounting, finance, human resources or more general higher education courses. With further training, you could go into a job related to business studies, marketing, finance and accounting, human resources and public relations. You could also look at doing a trainee management course within a company to gain the skills, understanding and experience that they require so you can work at management level.