During year one you will be introduced to a wide range of techniques and learn new processes throughout the different disciplines within art and design.
• Art & Design in Context
• Exploring digital photography
• How artists and designers use 3d materials techniques and processes
• Understanding sculpture
• How artists and designers use 2d materials techniques and processes
• Fine art drawing
• Using digital technology in graphic design
• Digital image creation
• Creating an outcome for a specialist art or design brief
You will design your second year around your chosen specialisms which may include some of the following unit examples below.
• Portrait photography
• Landscape photography
• Fine art printmaking
• Digital fine art
• Contemporary fine art
• Fine art painting
• Exploring ceramics
• Creating 3d art or design work
• Design for advertising
• Exhibiting and presenting artwork
• Art and design illustration
This course is for students who want to pursue a career in the creative industries and have a passion for Art and Design.
In addition to the standard College entry requirements (see below), this course normally requires a student to have achieved Grade 4 or above in a GCSE Art and Design course or Grade 4 in GCSE Design and Technology (Graphic Products or Resistant Materials).
To ensure you can successfully meet the rigours of the course, it would also be helpful for students to bring with them examples of their creative work on enrolment day.
Students can progress straight to a specialist visual arts degree or HND courses, apprenticeships or directly in to employment. Careers, including architecture, the fashion industry and computer games design ask for the drawing skills we teach on this course.