There are three main learning outcomes:
- Using ICT – students will: identify the ICT requirements of a straightforward task; interact with and use ICT systems to meet requirements of a straightforward task in a familiar context; manage information storage; follow and demonstrate understanding of the needs for safety and security practices
- Finding and selecting information - students will: use search techniques to locate and select relevant information; select information from a variety of ICT sources for a straightforward task
- Developing, presenting and communicating information - students will: enter, develop and refine information using appropriate software to meet the requirements of straightforward tasks; use appropriate software to meet requirements of straightforward data-handling tasks; use communications software to meet requirements of a straightforward task; combine information within a publication for a familiar audience and purpose; evaluate own use of ICT tools
A minimum of five GCSEs at Grade E/2 including English Language.
Learners could progress from this qualification to:
• Level 2 Technical Diploma in IT
• Level 2 Extended Certificate in IT
What does this course combine well with?
Complementary subjects are English, Maths and subject specific employability courses including Business, Health and Social Care and Science.