There are three main learning outcomes:
- Using ICT - students will interact with and use ICT systems to meet given needs; store information; follow safety and security practices
- Finding and selecting information - students will use simple searches to find information; select relevant information that matches requirements of given task
- Developing, presenting and communicating information - students will enter and develop different types of information to meet given needs; bring together different types of information; use ICT-based communication
How will I study?
Group work; individual learning; e-learning; teacher led; student led.
There are no formal entry requirements for Entry Level courses. Your level will be determined by an interview and written test.
The course provides students with progression to L1 vocational qualifications, such as:
• Functional Skills in ICT Level 1
• Level 1 qualifications for IT Users
• Level 1 qualifications in Digital Applications for IT users
What does the course combine well with?
Functional skills entry students will also undertake English and Maths qualifications at the appropriate level.