Business : Level 1 Certificate in Employability
Business, Administration and Law
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||National Award (BTEC)
This is an introductory course in Business. Learners will:
• Be provided with the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques including personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 vocationally related qualification
• Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications e.g. OCR Level 2 qualifications
Regular workshop support is provided along with individual support for students to develop their portfolio evidence.
Learning takes place through a variety of teaching methods e.g. teacher led sessions, role play and group work. Individual projects and assignments are produced involving the students own research and so students are expected to work on their own account.
How will it be delivered?
By portfolio assignment, which is sampled by the exam board’s external verifier. Homework and class activities are assessed throughout the course. This is a credit-based qualification (QCF), completed through a number of portfolio units including:
• Working in Business & Administration
• Creating Business Documents
• Supporting Business Meetings
• Verbal and non verbal communication
• Social action project
The course includes a period of work experience, from which three further units of evidence are completed:
• Preparing for Work Placement
• Learning from Work Placement
• Managing Your Health at Work
The course includes a National Citizen Service residential and social action project which all learners are required to participate in.
A minimum of five grade Es or 2s at GCSE, or equivalent subjects, including English Language.
Your next steps...
Upon completion of this course students can progress to the Level 2 Diplomas or Certificates in Business and/or IT.
What does the course combine well with?
All students will be required to take GCSE/Functional Skills English and Math if necessary whilst on the course.