Physical Education - OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma Level 3
Leisure, Travel and Tourism
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||GCE A/AS Level or Equivalent
Head of Department: Mrs. N. Rose
The PE department is made up of 7 staff who are all experienced and committed to promoting PE and sport both through curricular and extra-curricular activities. The department has access to a large sports hall, gym, floodlit outdoor courts and extensive playing fields.
Why study this course?
Have you ever wondered...
• Why some people can run faster than others?
• How your personality affects your performance?
• What diet and nutrititional needs do elite performers need during their season?
• How to plan and deliver a sports event?
OCR Cambridge Tecnhical Extended Certificate in Sport and Physical Acvitity will help you understand the answers to these and many more questions in sport.
Aims of the course:
• To develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance.
• To study the theoretical areas that include: physiological, psychological, leadership and diet and nutritional needs within sport.
• To understand how to plan exciting sports sessions which you will be able to lead to small groups within the Academy as well as neigbouring primary schools.
• Be able to perform effectively within your chosen sport showing a range of skills and techniques.
• Improve as an effective and independent learner.
Studying OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Ceetificate in Sport an Physical Activity will give you an insight into the world of sports performance. Not only will you have the chance to perform or coach a sport through the different units, you will also develop a wide range of knowledge into the how and why of physical activity and sport.
The combination of physical performance and academic challenge provides an exciting opportunity for students. You can perform, and then through the academic study improve your performance or coaching.
Physical Education is studied though a range of different contexts and the impact it has on both ours and other’s everyday lives. You will learn the reasons why we do things, why some people out perform others, mentally and physically. You will also delve into how diet and nutrition plays a huge part in the lives of a sports performer and how fueling our bodies allows us to perform to our best ability.
How will it be delivered?
How am I assessed?
The OCR Cambrdige Technical Extended Certificate in Sport and Physical Activity is made up of 5 units. Each unit covers a different topic which is assessed in one of two ways. Two units are externally assessed under exam conditions, and the other 3 are internally assessed through assignments by your teacher. Work will be asked to be submitted to the board to check that marking and grades are correct.
Your next steps...
Where does this course lead?
OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in Sport and Physical Activity is equialnet to one A-Level. This A-Level could lead to a variety of different professions or higher education courses including: physiotherapist, sports development, teaching/coaching, personal trainer, sports psychologist, sports science, nutritionist, sports centre management, outdoor activities.