Why do Media at Post 16?
We are all consumers of the media but very few of us question the way the media delivers
information to us and the organisations and the agendas that lie behind the production of media products. Media Studies intends to make you a more questioning and critical viewer, reader and listener; teaching invaluable skills in research and investigation as well as giving you access to the skills necessary in higher education. Media Studies will ‘open your eyes’.
Key features of the OCR Technical Extended Certificate in Digital Media.
- Media Products and Audiences - The aim of this unit is for you to develop your understanding of how different media institutions operate in order to create products that will appeal to specific target audiences.
- Pre-production and planning - By completing this unit, you will understand the preproduction process that the creative media industry follows when creating a product.
- Create a Media Product - You will apply your learning gained in Units 1 and unit 2 if completed, to plan and produce a media product.
- Social Media and Globalisation - The aim of this unit is to enable you to understand the ways in which online technologies and social media products have created a globalised, connected society and how such tools are used by media producers.
- Advertising - This unit allows you to investigate the advertising industry and how audiences receive advertising campaigns. You will also create an advertising campaign and evaluate it in detail.
Overall Entry Requirements:
6 GCSE's at grade 4 or above including an English and Maths.
Course Specific Entry Requirements:
Students are required to have grade 4 in both English Literature and English Language or a grade 4 in Media at GCSE.