Physics explains the world around us, from galaxies to sub-atomic particles. Physics also enables us to change the world through the work of engineers, designers and technologists, for example. From your GCSE studies you will realise whether you have the curiosity, interest and ability to pursue this subject further.
• Module 1 - Development of practical skills in physics
• Module 2 - Foundations of physics
• Module 3 - Forces and motion
• Module 4 - Electrons, waves and photons
• Module 5 - Newtonian world and astrophysics
• Module 6 - Particles and medical physics
You will complete three written exams at the end of Year 13
• Paper 1 (2 hour 15 min, 37% of A-Level) Modelling Physics
• Paper 2 (2 hour 15 min, 37% of A-Level) Exploring Physics
• Paper 3 (1 hours 30 mins, 26% of A-level) Unifie
6 grade 5s (or equivalent), including at least grade 5 in English Language or Literature.
6 or above in at least 2 Sciences, and if you're doing Triple Science one of the 6's has to be in Physics. Plus a 5 or above in Maths.